Need to explain the Voter’s Choice Act (VCA) to your community? We’ve got you covered.
Voter’s Choice California (VCC) has prepared many free resources and tools to support community organizations, public agencies, campaigns, and others reaching out to voters in VCA counties.
In partnership with the Office of the California Secretary of State, election officials, civil rights groups, and community organizations, we developed and tested these resources to provide consistent, accurate, and accessible information — all in plain language voters will understand.
We encourage anyone communicating with voters to use these free tools. Please feel free to share with colleagues, leaders in your community, and anyone else who talks to voters in Madera, Napa, Nevada, Sacramento, or San Mateo county.
Sign up here to receive updates when we post new materials you can share with your community.
Voter Education Materials
- The Voter’s Choice Act Fact Sheet is available in the following languages:
- Vote-by-Mail Fact Sheet for VCA implementing counties
- Strategies for Voter Education and Outreach Under the Voter’s Choice Act: This report provides a summary of potential solutions to common outreach and education challenges faced by communities implementing the Voter’s Choice Act in June 2018. The report includes useful appendices that can help develop outreach strategies. This report is informed by Future of California Elections’ experience managing the statewide Voter’s Choice California network and the learnings from the July 2018 VCA debrief hosted in Redwood City. The Redwood City convening brought together nearly 100 participants from community organizations and county election offices from all five VCA implementing counties.
- California’s Voter’s Choice Act: A new way of voting, A new way of voter outreach: This document details the changes in the voting model under the VCA compared to a neighborhood polling place voting model. It also provides the strategies for getting out the vote under the VCA as well as changes to election law that may support your GOTV strategy.
- Remote Accessible Vote-by-Mail Video, produced by Disability Rights California
Sample Messaging for 2018 November Elections:
- Key Messages for 2018 November Elections
- Sample Twitter Messages for 2018 November Elections
- Sample Twitter Messages for 2018 November Elections (Spanish)
Click on any county’s name for resources customized for each county. These include the VCC Sample Text Tool which features all the content you need to create newsletter articles, mail pieces, and other voter-contact materials.
California Secretary of State Materials:
Visit http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/voters-choice-act for Voter’s Choice Act-related resources from the California Secretary of State, including a public service announcement video, a calendar of events, and a Voter’s Choice Act flyer in ten languages.
Sample Materials from Our Partners:
Nevada County Voter’s Choice Act PSA (English Captions), Produced by FREED Center for Independent Living. Learn more about when, where, and how to vote in Nevada County.
Nevada County Voter’s Choice Act PSA (Spanish Captions), Produced by FREED Center for Independent Living. Learn more about when, where, and how to vote in Nevada County.
R.E.V. Up the VOTE (Register, Engage and Vote) Pledge Card, Produced by Greater Sacramento Urban League.
Sacramento All-Purpose Voter’s Choice Act Card (English and Spanish), Produced by Organize Sacramento. This informational piece fits into standard size literature racks.
Pledge Card, Produced by Resources for Independence Central Valley.