Voter’s Choice California is a project of Future of California Elections, a nonpartisan, nonprofit network promoting cross sector collaboration between election officials and nonprofit organizations. Our goal is for voting to be convenient, modern, inclusive and to see voter participation rates increase among all segments of California’s diverse voters.
Launched in Spring 2017, the Voter’s Choice California project seeks to support county election offices and community organizations transitioning to the new voting model under the California Voter’s Choice Act. The VCA is an optional law enacted in 2016, which modernizes elections and changes how, when and where voters can cast their ballot. In 2018, VCC worked with the election offices and community organizations of the five pioneer counties – Madera, Napa, Nevada, Sacramento and San Mateo Counties – to provide technical training, learning convenings, and a small, pass-through grants program supporting implementation of the new voting model. Voter’s Choice California will continue much of this work in the 2020 election cycle by building on our success and support new counties transitioning to the VCA.
Voter’s Choice California is comprised of a statewide steering committee that helped launch and establish local committees in counties where there was interest in FoCE’s cross-sector model of collaboration.
Voter’s Choice California Steering Committee:
- American Civil Liberties Union of California
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice-California
- California Common Cause
- Disability Rights California
- League of Women Voters of California
- National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) Educational Fund
- Orange County Registrar of Voters
- Sacramento County Voter Registration & Elections
- Shasta County Clerk and Registrar of Voters
Future of California Elections staff
- Astrid Ochoa, Executive Director
- Guadalupe Flores, Deputy Director, Communications and Outreach
- Katy Flaherty, Project Coordinator